Almscliffe Villages Community Association (AVCA)
The Association was formed in December 2009 with an elected management committee.
Its aim is to raise funds for the provision of facilities or other leisure time activities for all age groups which improve the quality of life and experiences and promote social, cultural and heritage activities within a rural environment.
In order to carry out its charitable purposes, the committee have the power to raise funds, receive grants and donations and apply funds to carry out the work if the charity. It also aims to co-operate with and support other charities with similar purposes.
The association is a member of the Harrogate Local Lotto. Through this regular giving it generates an income to add to the funds raised by holding events. All proceeds are used for charitable purposes.
The Association has received Charity status from HM Revenue & Customs enabling it to reclaim tax through the Gift Aid scheme.
Registered Charity Number: XT22262
Chairman: John Hopkins - firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 01423 734745
Treasurer: Huw Edwards - email@example.com - Tel: 07921 588 475
Secretary: Mary Hopkins - firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel: 01423 734745
Amanda Martyn; Nigel Martyn; Jo Williams; Katie Costantini; Francesca Jenkinson; Clare Price; Rosemary Hunt; Geoff Hunt; Rebecca Ellacott
The Association has...
- Raised in excess of £40,000 to enable the installation of a peal of six bells in the Church of St John the Evangelist, North Rigton and enabled the training of teams of bell ringers, from various villages, and established a maintenance fund for continued support for the bells.
- Gifted a sum of money to St Johns Church towards the upgrading of the electricity supply.
- Purchased a set of hand bells and established a hand bell ringing group.
- Established a “village library” in the Square & Compass which continues to raise funds.
- Bought and installed a Christmas Tree and lights in North Rigton’s Village Garden.
- Contributed towards the cost of a portable sound system for the village school.
- Donated £750 to St Michael’s Hospice.• Installed a water supply and sink into the village church, St John’s, with the added support of North Rigton Parish Council and Harrogate Borough Council grants.
- Donated sums of money to the village school, St John’s Church and Help the Heroes.
- Joined the Harrogate Local Lotto to raise funds to assist the parish council to refurbish and extend the play provision within the village garden