North Rigton is a village and civil parish in the Harrogate district of North Yorkshire, England. It is located 4 miles south west of Harrogate. Until the 19th century the village was known as Rigton, the official name of the parish until 1962. "North" was added to distinguish our village from East Rigton. The place was mentioned in the Domesday Book as Riston, an Anglo-Norman spelling of the name.
North Rigton Parish become separate from the parish of Kirkby Overblow in 1866 and became part of the new county of North Yorkshire in 1974.
North Rigton Parish Council
For all Parish Council notifications please see the PC Facebook feed below. (Mobile users click on the link).
These including all of the latest meeting information and planning applications.
To zoom in for a more detail view, click on the map below.