Almscliffe Villages Community Association
Foundation and History
The Association was formed in December 2009 and a constitution was agreed.
A management committee operates to raise funds, receive grants, and offer funds to agreed projects within the Lower Washburn area.
Its aim is the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time activities which improve the quality of life and experiences of residents.
In order to carry out the charitable purposes, the trustees have the power to raise funds, receive grants and donations and apply funds to carry out the work of the charity. It also aims to co-operate with and support other charities with similar purposes.
The Association has received Charity status from HM Revenue & Customs enabling it to reclaim tax through the Gift Aid scheme.
Registered Charity Number: XT22262
The Association has:
- Raised in excess of £40,000 to enable the installation of a peal of six bells in the Church of St John the Evangelist, North Rigton and enabled the training of teams of bell ringers, from various villages, and established a maintenance fund for continued support for the bells.
- Gifted a sum of money to St Johns Church towards the upgrading of the electricity supply.
- Purchased a set of hand bells and established a hand bell ringing group.
- Established a “village library” in the Square & Compass which continues to raise funds.
- Bought and installed a Christmas Tree and lights in North Rigton’s Village Garden.
- Contributed towards the cost of a portable sound system for the village school.
- Donated £750 to St Michael’s Hospice.• Installed a water supply and sink into the village church, St John’s, with the added support of North Rigton Parish Council and Harrogate Borough Council grants.
- Donated sums of money to the village school, St John’s Church and Help the Heroes
- Joined the Harrogate Local Lotto to raise funds to assist the parish council to refurbish and extend the play provision within the village garden
Vino & Fromage evening
Pop-up-Store at The Square & Compass
Call My Bluff Wine Tasting
“The Guns Fell Silent” & “The Bells Rang” commemoration